Fatal poisoning from ingestion of Datura stramonium seeds (Journal article)
Boumba, V. A./ Mitselou, A./ Vougiouklakis, T.
A 19-y old male who intentionally ingested an unknown quantity of Datura stramonium seeds to experience its hallucinogenic effects was found dead. Hyoscyamine and scopolamine were detected in postmortem blood and urine. Blood concentrations of hyoscyamine and scopolamine were 1.1 and 0.2 microg/mL, respectively; in urine only hyoscyamine at 14.2 microg/mL was found. This fatality presents the highest blood concentrations ever reported and confirms that death was due to Datura Stramonium seed ingestion.
|Institution and School/Department of submitter:||Πανεπιστήμιο Ιωαννίνων. Σχολή Επιστημών Υγείας. Τμήμα Ιατρικής|
|Keywords:||Adult,Datura stramonium/*poisoning,Diagnosis, Differential,Fatal Outcome,Humans,Male,Poisoning/*diagnosis/pathology,Seeds/poisoning,Substance-Related Disorders|
|Appears in Collections:||Άρθρα σε επιστημονικά περιοδικά ( Ανοικτά)|
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:This item is a favorite for 0 people.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.